I know I owe you guys about 5 blog posts about all the stuff that's gone on since I last wrote, but after I arrived from a 5-day trip to the north of Peru (for Fiestas Patrias, or Peruvian Independence Days), I came down with a nasty bug that's had me in bed for the past...two days now, going on three. Thankfully, my fever has gone away (or at least it had yesterday) but now I am still confined to my bed because I can't really be up for too long or my head starts throbbing. And then, I lay down again. I think my bed is going to have a Nicole-shaped impression in it very soon.
I have decided to dedicate this post to things that I wish Perú had, so that I could get better faster.
1. Vicks Vaporub
2. Alcoholado (if you don't know what this means, it's just this concoction that old Hispanic people put on to cool down fevers and made body aches go away, and it always reminds me of old people and it smells really good and actually works)
3. Odwalla Juice with 1000% Vitamin C and a whole bunch of other vitamins
4. Naked Juice with 1000% Vitamin C and a whole bunch of other vitamins
5. Reliably hot showers
6. Orange juice, Gatorade, Cold water from the fridge (Perú has this, but not in my host house at the moment).
7. My mom, dad, abuela, etc.
8. Central heating
9. Vitamin Water
10. Ginger Ale
11. Medicines whose names I recognize
OK, I'm going back to bed. I think my muscles are going to start atrophying soon. OK, not that bad, yet.
Much love,
Nicole
1 comment:
Hang in there mi reinita! You will start feeling better soon; I know. I wish I was there to bring you alcoholado and Odwalla juice! :D
Rest, eat well, be strong and keep a positive mind. Your mind is stronger than your body! Get well soon! Dios te cuide, love ya tons!
ma
Post a Comment