Sunday, August 23, 2009

back to real life

I'm home. Back in my lime green room, blasting salsa music and peering over at my two suitcases wondering when I'll actually get to unpacking them this time.

Life feels entirely too normal right now. It's back to being completely comfortable, knowing exactly how to manuever in this house and with these people and with this life. There are no taxis to haggle with (Buenas, señor...para Aramburú con Vía Expresa? Cuánto? No, 8 soles es demasiado...siete? Sí, está bien...), no switch to flip for the shower water to heat up for an hour and a half, no sounds of Charo coming up the stairs to ask me if I'm going to eat lunch or go to the hospital today, no super-rushed-phone-calls-in-order-to-conserve-saldo, no making plans for our infamous salsareggaetonhiphopboleros parties (jaja) or Sunday hiking trips around tiny pueblos in the Andes around Lima.

With that said, I'm going to IHOP.

More on last weeks of Perú soon.

1 comment:

allieossa said...

1. LMAOOOOOOOO IHOP. I LOVE IHOP. Soo appropriate, though. =]

2. I dislike emails about your blog. Because I just realized that means I never leave you comments =P

3. ♥